Ranges from 500mm to 9999mm with a 6Hz read rate. Pulse-width, analog voltage, and TTL serial. Reports range to largest target.
Discounted pricing is shown in the cart.
Features of the weather-resistant MB7388, HRXL-MaxSonar-WRMLT, include millimeter resolution, short to long-distance detection, range information from 500mm to 9999mm for the largest target, a 6Hz read rate, and various output options: pulse-width, analog voltage, and TTL serial.
The MB7388 from the HRXL-MaxSonar-WR line of outdoor sensors is a rugged ultrasonic sensor component module. This sensor comes in a compact and robust PVC housing that meets the IP67 water intrusion standard and matches standard electrical 3/4‑inch PVC pipe fittings.
The HRXL-MaxSonar-WR sensors are factory calibrated to match narrow sensor beam patterns and provide reliable long-range detection zones.
The MB7388 is designed to report the distance to the largest acoustic return while ignoring smaller targets. When targets are of similar amplitude reflections, preference is given to the closest target. This gives users the flexibility to consistently detect larger targets in the presence of clutter and noise.
If the largest target is removed from the field of view, the MB7388 will switch to the target that gives the next largest detectable return. This filtering makes the MB7388 one of our most advanced sensors for outdoor tank and bin applications.
In addition, the MB7388 offers virtually noise-free distance readings through the use of high-output acoustic power combined with continuously variable gain, real‑time background automatic calibration, real‑time waveform signature analysis, and noise rejection algorithms. This holds true even in the presence of many of the various acoustic or electrical noise sources.
Variations on this sensor model
Models with additional chemical resistance are available
The F-Option (IP68) design modification provides our weather-resistant sensors with extra protection against corrosive chemical environments. Ask for the F-Option (IP68) when ordering.
- Resolution of 1-mm
- 6Hz read rate
- Internal temperature compensation
- 42kHz ultrasonic sensor measures distance to objects
- RoHS Compliant
- Read from all 3 sensor outputs: Analog Voltage, Serial, Pulse Width
- Virtually no sensor dead zone, objects closer than 50cm typically range as 50cm
- Operates from 2.7-5.5V
- Low 2.9mA average current requirement
- Small, light weight module
- Designed for easy integration into your project or product
- Operational temperature -40°C to +65°C (-40°F to +149°F)
- Real-time automatic calibration (voltage, humidity, and ambient noise)
- Firmware filtering for excellent noise tolerance and clutter rejection
- Weather resistant (IP67), optional chemical resistant F-Option
- Matches standard electrical 3/4-inch PVC pipe fittings for easy mounting (3/4-inch National Pipe Thread Straight)
- Long, narrow detection zone
- TTL Serial Output
- Our longest-range, high-resolution outdoor, weather-resistant, ultrasonic sensor
- Maximum range of 10 meters (394 inches)
|Chaining Application Guide|
|RoHS Declaration of Conformity|
|CE Declaration of Conformity|
Review our Chemical Compatibility notes to learn about our compatibility in different environments. Please contact our Technical Support team with any questions about chemicals not listed.
Product 3D Models
100 Housing (Full Horn Housing)
All MaxBotix part numbers are a combination of a six-character base followed by a dash and a three-digit product code. The following table displays all of the active and valid part numbers for this product.