The MB8480 Car Detection Sensor is a low‑cost vehicle detection sensor that uses ultrasonic technology for non-contact sensing.
Features of the weather-resistant MB8480, CarSonar-WRT, include centimeter resolution, short to long-distance detection, range information from 500mm to 5000mm for the nearest detectable target, a ~4Hz read rate, with a TTL serial output.
The MB8480 is a low‑cost vehicle detection sensor that uses ultrasonic technology for non-contact sensing. The MB8480 is designed to be an easy-to-use sensor for applications where vehicle detection is desired. This sensor is great for applications such as vehicle kiosks, ATMs, and bank drive-throughs.
The MB8480 is factory calibrated to match sensor beam patterns and provide reliable long-range detection zones.
In addition, the MB8480 offers virtually noise-free distance readings through the use of high-output acoustic power combined with continuously variable gain, real‑time background automatic calibration, real‑time waveform signature analysis, and noise rejection algorithms. This holds true even in the presence of many of the various acoustic or electrical noise sources.
- TTL Serial Output
- ~4-second target acquire time*
- ~5-second target release time*
- Multi-sensor operation
- ~250mS between range readings
- Maximum range of 500 cm (196 inches)
- Preset proximity detection zone of 150cm
- Vehicle detection sensor
- 42kHz Ultrasonic sensor measures distance to objects
- RoHS compliant
- Virtually no sensor dead zone, objects closer than 50 cm typically range as 50 cm
- Small, lightweight module
- Designed for easy integration into your project or product
All MaxBotix part numbers are a combination of a six-character base followed by a dash and a three-digit product code. The following table displays all of the active and valid part numbers for this product.