Ranges from 20cm to 765cm with a 10Hz read rate. Analog envelope, analog voltage, and TTL serial. Reports range to largest target. Uses a stability filter.
Features of the weather-resistant MB7150, XL-MaxSonar-WRMAT, include small target rejection providing range information to the target with the largest acoustic return, a stability filter, centimeter resolution, short to long distance detection, range information from 25cm to 765cm, a 10Hz read rate, and various output options: analog envelope, analog voltage, and TTL serial.
The MB7150 from the XL-MaxSonar-WR line of outdoor sensors is a rugged ultrasonic sensor component module. This sensor comes in a compact and robust PVC housing that meets the IP67 water intrusion standard and matches standard electrical 3/4‑inch PVC pipe fittings (this product has multiple housing options available).
The XL-MaxSonar-WR sensors are factory calibrated to match narrow sensor beam patterns and provide reliable long-range detection zones.
In addition, the MB7150 offers virtually noise-free distance readings through the use of high-output acoustic power combined with continuously variable gain, real‑time background automatic calibration, real‑time waveform signature analysis, and noise rejection algorithms. This holds true even in the presence of many of the various acoustic or electrical noise sources.
Variations on this sensor model
MB7070 is the base level version of this sensor.
MB7052 is the pulse-width version of this sensor.
MB7092 is the RS232 serial version of this sensor.
Models with additional chemical resistance are available
The F-Option (IP68) design modification provides our weather-resistant sensors with extra protection against corrosive chemical environments. Ask for the F-Option (IP68) when ordering.
- Resolution of 1 cm
- 10Hz read rate
- 42kHz Ultrasonic sensor measures distance to objects
- RoHS Compliant
- Read from all 3 select sensor outputs: Analog Voltage, Serial, Analog Envelope
- Operates from 3.0-5.5V
- Low 3.4mA average current requirement
- Small, lightweight module
- Designed for easy integration into your project or product
- Operational Temperature from -40˚C to +70˚C (-40˚F to +160˚F)
- Real-time automatic calibration (voltage, humidity, ambient noise)
- Firmware filtering for better noise tolerance and clutter rejection
- 20+ Years Mean Time Between Failure
- Weather Resistant (IP67), optional Chemical Resistant F-Option
- Matches standard electrical 3/4-inch PVC pipe fittings for easy mounting (3/4″ National Pipe Thread Straight)
- Our advanced weather-resistant, ultrasonic sensor
- Additional stability filter rejects occasional anomalous readings
- Detects the largest signal return in the field of view
- Uses the complete dynamic range of the sensor, if no large targets are present the sensor will select the next smallest target in view
- Can be used to range large objects behind small obstructions
- Analog envelope output for easy troubleshooting and signal processing
- Maximum range of 765 cm (300 inches)
- Long range, narrow detection zone
|Chaining Application Guide|
|RoHS Declaration of Conformity|
|CE Declaration of Conformity|
Review our Chemical Compatibility notes to learn about our compatibility in different environments. Please contact our Technical Support team with any questions about chemicals not listed.
Product 3D Models
100 Housing (Full Horn Housing)
200 Housing (Compact Horn Housing)
300/400 Housing (Ultra Compact Horn Housing)
500 Housing (1″ BSPP Housing)
600 Housing (1″ NPS Housing)
700 Housing (30mm 1.5 Housing)
Housing 3D Models
Full Horn Interior Flush Mounted Housing
Compact Horn Exterior Mounted Housing
Compact Horn Interior Flush Mounted Housing
All MaxBotix part numbers are a combination of a six-character base followed by a dash and a three-digit product code. The following table displays all of the active and valid part numbers for this product.