Discounted pricing is shown in the cart.
Features of the weather-resistant MB7051, XL-MaxSonar-WRML, include centimeter resolution, short to long-distance detection, range information from 50cm to 1041cm to the target with the largest acoustic return, a 5.1Hz read rate, and various output options: pulse-width, analog voltage, and RS232 serial.
The MB7051 from the XL-MaxSonar-WR line of outdoor sensors is a rugged ultrasonic sensor component module. This sensor comes in a compact and robust PVC housing that meets the IP67 water intrusion standard and matches standard electrical 3/4‑inch PVC pipe fittings.
The XL-MaxSonar-WR sensors are factory calibrated to match narrow sensor beam patterns and provide reliable long-range detection zones.
The MB7051 is ideal for applications requiring small or soft target detection range at longer ranges than our other XL-MaxSonar-WR sensors. This is our most sensitive ultrasonic sensor in the XL-MaxSonar-WR line of sensors and is designed for pencil beam applications >10º, environments with acoustic and electrical noise, people detection, soft targets, bin level measurement, and tank level measurement.
In addition, the MB7051 offers virtually noise-free distance readings through the use of high-output acoustic power combined with continuously variable gain, real‑time background automatic calibration, real‑time waveform signature analysis, and noise rejection algorithms. This holds true even in the presence of many of the various acoustic or electrical noise sources.
Models with additional chemical resistance are available
The F-Option (IP68) design modification provides our weather resistant sensors with extra protection against corrosive chemical environments. Ask for the F-Option (IP68) when ordering.
- Resolution of 1 cm
- 5.1Hz read rate
- 42kHz Ultrasonic sensor measures distance to objects
- RoHS Compliant
- Read from all 3 select sensor outputs: Analog Voltage, Serial, Pulse Width
- Operates from 3.0-5.5V
- Low 3.4mA average current requirement
- Small, lightweight module
- Designed for easy integration into your project or product
- Operational Temperature from -40˚C to +70˚C (-40˚F to +160˚F)
- Real-time automatic calibration (voltage, humidity, ambient noise)
- Real-time auto sensitivity adjustment
- Firmware filtering for better noise tolerance and clutter rejection
- 200,000+ Hours Mean Time Between Failure
- Weather Resistant (IP67), optional Chemical Resistant F-Option
- Matches standard electrical 3/4-inch PVC pipe fittings for easy mounting (3/4″ National Pipe Thread Straight)
- Our most advanced weather-resistant, ultrasonic sensor
- Additional stability filter rejects occasional anomalous readings
- Detects the largest signal return in the field of view
- Uses the complete dynamic range of the sensor, if no large targets are present the sensor will select the next smallest target in view
- Can be used to range large objects behind small obstructions
- Maximum range of 1041 cm (409 inches)
- Long range, narrow detection zone
- Pencil beam applications with a detection zone less than 10º
|Using an I2C-MaxSonar With an Arduino|
|RoHS Declaration of Conformity|
|CE Declaration of Conformity|
Review our Chemical Compatibility notes to learn about our compatibility in different environments. Please contact our Technical Support team with any questions about chemicals not listed.
Product 3D Models
100 Housing (Full Horn Housing)
200 Housing (Compact Horn Housing)
300/400 Housing (Ultra Compact Horn Housing)
500 Housing (1″ BSPP Housing)
600 Housing (1″ NPS Housing)
700 Housing (30mm 1.5 Housing)
Housing 3D Models
Full Horn Interior Flush Mounted Housing
Compact Horn Exterior Mounted Housing
Compact Horn Interior Flush Mounted Housing
All MaxBotix part numbers are a combination of a six-character base followed by a dash and a three-digit product code. The following table displays all of the active and valid part numbers for this product.