Ranges from 20cm to 350cm with up to 40Hz read rate. I2C interface. Reports range to closest.
Features of the weather-resistant MB7137, I2CXL-TrashSonar-WR, include centimeter resolution, short to mid-distance detection, range information from 20cm to 350cm for the nearest detectable target, up to a 40Hz read rate, and an I2C interface.
The MB7137 from the XL-TrashSonar-WR line of outdoor sensors is a rugged ultrasonic sensor component module. This sensor comes in a compact and robust PVC housing that meets the IP67 water intrusion standard and matches standard electrical 3/4‑inch PVC pipe fittings (this product has multiple housing options available).
The XL-TrashSonar-WR sensors are factory calibrated to match narrow sensor beam patterns and provide reliable long-range detection zones.
In addition, the MB7137 offers virtually noise-free distance readings through the use of high-output acoustic power combined with continuously variable gain, real‑time background automatic calibration, real‑time waveform signature analysis, and noise rejection algorithms. This holds true even in the presence of many of the various acoustic or electrical noise sources.
Variations on this sensor model
MB7139 is the base level version of this sensor.
Models with additional chemical resistance are available
The F-Option (IP68) design modification provides our weather-resistant sensors with extra protection against corrosive chemical environments. Ask for the F-Option (IP68) when ordering.
- Resolution of 1 cm
- Up to 20Hz read rate
- 42kHz Ultrasonic sensor measures distance to objects
- RoHS Compliant
- I2C Interface
- Operates from 3.0-5.5V
- Low 3.4mA average current requirement
- Small, lightweight module
- Designed for easy integration into your project or product
- Operational Temperature from -40˚C to +65˚C (-40˚F to +149˚F)
- Real-time automatic calibration (voltage, humidity, ambient noise)
- Firmware filtering for better noise tolerance and clutter rejection
- 200,000+ Hours Mean Time Between Failure
- Weather Resistant (IP67), optional Chemical Resistant F-Option
- Matches standard electrical pipe fittings for easy mounting
- Maximum range of 350 cm (138 inches)
- Fastest reporting TrashSonar
- Compatible with up to a 400KHz I2C Bus Speed
- Mid-range, narrow detection zone
|Using an I2C-MaxSonar With an Arduino|
|RoHS Declaration of Conformity|
|CE Declaration of Conformity|
Review our Chemical Compatibility notes to learn about our compatibility in different environments. Please contact our Technical Support team with any questions about chemicals not listed.
Product 3D Models
100 Housing (Full Horn Housing)
All MaxBotix part numbers are a combination of a six-character base followed by a dash and a three-digit product code. The following table displays all of the active and valid part numbers for this product.