Ranges from 20cm to 765cm with a 10Hz read rate. Analog envelope, analog voltage, and RS232 serial. Reports range to closest target.
Features of the weather resistant MB7040, I2CXL-MaxSonar-WR, include centimeter resolution, short to long distance detection, range information from 20cm to 765cm for the nearest detectable target, up to a 40Hz read rate, and an I2C interface.
The MB7040 from the I2CXL-MaxSonar-WR line of outdoor sensors is a rugged ultrasonic sensor component module. This sensor comes in a compact and robust PVC housing which meets the IP67 water intrusion standard and matches standard electrical 3/4‑inch PVC pipe fittings (this product has multiple housing options available).
The I2CXL-MaxSonar-WR sensors are factory calibrated to match narrow sensor beam patterns and provide reliable long-range detection zones.
In addition, the MB7040 offers virtually noise-free distance readings through the use of high-output acoustic power combined with continuously variable gain, real‑time background automatic calibration, real‑time waveform signature analysis, and noise rejection algorithms. This holds true even in the presence of many of the various acoustic or electrical noise sources.
Models with additional chemical resistance are available
The F-Option (IP68) design modification provides our weather-resistant sensors with extra protection against corrosive chemical environments. Ask for the F-Option (IP68) when ordering.
- Resolution of 1 cm
- Up to 40Hz reading rate
- Simple I2C bus interface
- Easy control of multiple sensors
- Control up to 127 sensors using two wires
- 42kHz Ultrasonic sensor measures distance to objects
- RoHS Compliant
- I2C Bus interface
- Operates from 3.0-5.5V
- Low 3.4mA average current requirement
- Small, lightweight module
- Designed for easy integration into your project or product
- Operational Temperature from -40˚C to +70˚C (-40˚F to +160˚F)
- Real-time automatic calibration (voltage, humidity, ambient noise)
- Firmware filtering for better noise tolerance and clutter rejection
- 200,000+ Hours Mean Time Between Failure
- Weather Resistant (IP67), optional Chemical Resistant F-Option
- Available in multiple mounting packages – 3/4″ NPS, Ultra-Compact, 1″ NPS, 1″ BSPP, 30mm1.5
- IP67 rated, I2C interface ultrasonic sensor
- Maximum range of 765 cm (300 inches)
- Long-range, narrow detection zone
|Using an I2C-MaxSonar With an Arduino|
|RoHS Declaration of Conformity|
|CE Declaration of Conformity|
Review our Chemical Compatibility notes to learn about our compatibility in different environments. Please contact our Technical Support team with any questions about chemicals not listed.
Product 3D Models
100 Housing (Full Horn Housing)
200 Housing (Compact Horn Housing)
300/400 Housing (Ultra Compact Horn Housing)
500 Housing (1″ BSPP Housing)
600 Housing (1″ NPS Housing)
700 Housing (30mm 1.5 Housing)
Housing 3D Models
Full Horn Interior Flush Mounted Housing
Compact Horn Exterior Mounted Housing
Compact Horn Interior Flush Mounted Housing
All MaxBotix part numbers are a combination of a six-character base followed by a dash and a three-digit product code. The following table displays all of the active and valid part numbers for this product.