Ranges from 300mm to 5000mm with a 7.5Hz read rate. Pulse-width, analog voltage, and RS232 serial. Reports range to closest target.
Features of the weather-resistant MB7360, HRXL-MaxSonar-WR, include millimeter resolution, short to long-distance detection, range information from 300mm to 5000mm for the nearest detectable target, a 7.5Hz read rate, and various output options: pulse-width, analog voltage, and RS232 serial.
The MB7360 from the HRXL-MaxSonar-WR line of outdoor sensors is a rugged ultrasonic sensor component module. This sensor comes in a compact and robust PVC housing that meets the IP67 water intrusion standard and matches standard electrical 3/4‑inch PVC pipe fittings (this product has multiple housing options available).
The HRXL-MaxSonar-WR sensors are factory calibrated to match narrow sensor beam patterns and provide reliable long-range detection zones.
In addition, the MB7360 offers virtually noise-free distance readings through the use of high-output acoustic power combined with continuously variable gain, real‑time background automatic calibration, real‑time waveform signature analysis, and noise rejection algorithms. This holds true even in the presence of many of the various acoustic or electrical noise sources.
Variations on this sensor model
MB7380 is the TTL version of this sensor.
MB7366 is the 10-meter version of this sensor.
Models with additional chemical resistance are available
The F-Option (IP68) design modification provides our weather-resistant sensors with extra protection against corrosive chemical environments. Ask for the F-Option (IP68) when ordering.
- Resolution of 1-mm
- 7.5Hz read rate
- Internal temperature compensation
- 42kHz ultrasonic sensor measures distance to objects
- RoHS Compliant
- Read from all 3 sensor outputs: Analog Voltage, Serial, Pulse Width
- Virtually no sensor dead zone, objects closer than 30cm typically range as 30cm
- Operates from 2.7-5.5V
- Low 2.9mA average current requirement
- Small, lightweight module
- Designed for easy integration into your project or product
- Operational temperature -40°C to +65°C (-40°F to +149°F)
- Real-time automatic calibration (voltage, humidity, and ambient noise)
- Firmware filtering for excellent noise tolerance and clutter rejection
- Weather resistant (IP67), optional chemical resistant F-Option
- Matches standard electrical 3/4-inch PVC pipe fittings for easy mounting (3/4-inch National Pipe Thread Straight)
- Long, narrow detection zone
- RS232 Serial Output
|Chaining Application Guide|
|RoHS Declaration of Conformity|
|CE Declaration of Conformity|
Review our Chemical Compatibility notes to learn about our compatibility in different environments. Please contact our Technical Support team with any questions about chemicals not listed.
Product 3D Models
100 Housing (Full Horn Housing)
200 Housing (Compact Horn Housing)
500 Housing (1″ NPS Housing)
600 Housing (1″ BSPP Housing)
700 Housing (30mm 1.5 Housing)
All MaxBotix part numbers are a combination of a six-character base followed by a dash and a three-digit product code. The following table displays all of the active and valid part numbers for this product.