Ranges from 20cm to 765cm with a 10Hz read rate. Pulse-width, analog voltage, and RS232 serial. Reports range to closest target. Uses a stability filter.
Discounted pricing is shown in the cart.
Features of the weather-resistant MB7062, XL-MaxSonar-WR1, include centimeter resolution, short to long-distance detection, range information from 20cm to 765cm for the nearest detectable target, a 10Hz read rate, and various output options: pulse-width, analog voltage, and RS232 serial.
The MB7062 from the XL-MaxSonar-WR line of outdoor sensors is a rugged ultrasonic sensor component module. This sensor comes in a compact and robust PVC housing that meets the IP67 water intrusion standard and matches standard electrical 3/4‑inch PVC pipe fittings (this product has multiple housing options available).
The XL-MaxSonar-WR sensors are factory calibrated to match narrow sensor beam patterns and provide reliable long-range detection zones.
The MB7062 is designed with a stability filter to help prevent sudden large changes in range readings.
In addition, the MB7062 offers virtually noise-free distance readings through the use of high-output acoustic power combined with continuously variable gain, real‑time background automatic calibration, real‑time waveform signature analysis, and noise rejection algorithms. This holds true even in the presence of many of the various acoustic or electrical noise sources.
Variations on this sensor model
Models with additional chemical resistance are available
The F-Option (IP68) design modification provides our weather-resistant sensors with extra protection against corrosive chemical environments. Ask for the F-Option (IP68) when ordering.
- Resolution of 1 cm
- 10Hz read rate
- 42kHz Ultrasonic sensor measures distance to objects
- RoHS Compliant
- Read from all 3 select sensor outputs: Analog Voltage, Serial, Pulse Width
- Operates from 3.0-5.5V
- Low 3.4mA average current requirement
- Small, lightweight module
- Designed for easy integration into your project or product
- Operational Temperature from -40˚C to +70˚C (-40˚F to +160˚F)
- Real-time automatic calibration (voltage, humidity, ambient noise)
- Firmware filtering for better noise tolerance and clutter rejection
- 200,000+ Hours Mean Time Between Failure
- Weather Resistant (IP67), optional Chemical Resistant F-Option
- Matches standard electrical 3/4-inch PVC pipe fittings for easy mounting (3/4″ National Pipe Thread Straight)
- Additional stability filter rejects occasional anomalous readings
- Maximum range of 765 cm (300 inches)
- Long range, narrow detection zone
|Chaining Application Guide|
|RoHS Declaration of Conformity|
|CE Declaration of Conformity|
Review our Chemical Compatibility notes to learn about our compatibility in different environments. Please contact our Technical Support team with any questions about chemicals not listed.
Product 3D Models
100 Housing (Full Horn Housing)
200 Housing (Compact Horn Housing)
300/400 Housing (Ultra Compact Horn Housing)
500 Housing (1″ BSPP Housing)
600 Housing (1″ NPS Housing)
700 Housing (30mm 1.5 Housing)
Housing 3D Models
Full Horn Interior Flush Mounted Housing
Compact Horn Exterior Mounted Housing
Compact Horn Interior Flush Mounted Housing
All MaxBotix part numbers are a combination of a six-character base followed by a dash and a three-digit product code. The following table displays all of the active and valid part numbers for this product.