Ranges from 6 inches to 254 inches with a 20Hz read rate. Narrowest detection field. Highest noise tolerance.
Features of the MB1040, LV-MaxSonar-EZ4, include one-inch resolution, the narrowest beam width of any sensor in the LV-MaxSonar-EZ sensor line, range information from 6 inches to 254 inches, a 20Hz read rate, and various output options: pulse-width, analog voltage, and RS232 serial.
The MB1040 is a great choice for applications where only larger objects need to be detected.
The MB1040 from the LV-MaxSonar-EZ line of sensors is a very small, less than one cubic inch, ultrasonic sensor component module. This sensor comes with mounting holes provided on the circuit board for easy installation in nearly all applications.
In addition, the MB1040 learns the ringdown pattern when commanded to start ranging. This helps the sensor to learn the environment and can help the sensor ignore obstacles that are present at power-up.
- Resolution of 1 inch
- 20Hz reading rate
- 42kHz Ultrasonic sensor measures distance to objects
- RoHS Compliant
- Read from all 3 sensor outputs: Analog Voltage, RS232 Serial, Pulse Width
- Virtually no sensor dead zone, objects closer than 6 inches range as 6 inches
- Maximum Range of 254 inches (645 cm)
- Operates from 2.5-5.5V
- Low 2.0mA average current requirement
- Small, lightweight module
- Designed for easy integration into your project or product
- Narrowest beam of the LV-MaxSonar-EZ sensors
- Best for large object detection applications
All MaxBotix part numbers are a combination of a six-character base followed by a dash and a three-digit product code. The following table displays all of the active and valid part numbers for this product.