Ranges from 500mm to 5000mm with a 0.6Hz read rate. Pulse-width, analog voltage, and RS232 serial. Reports range to closest target. Uses filtering to prevent rapid changes in readings. Filter resets at 2% window.
Discounted pricing is shown in the cart.
Features of the weather-resistant MB7534, SCXL-MaxSonar-WRS3, include the reduced impact of condensation and frost when ran continuously in closed or high-moisture environments, millimeter resolution, short to long distance detection, range information from 500mm to 5000mm for the nearest detectable target, heightened sensitivity over our standard sensors, a 0.6Hz read rate, and various output options: pulse-width, analog voltage, and RS232 serial.
The MB7534 from the SCXL-MaxSonar-WRS line of outdoor sensors is a rugged ultrasonic sensor component module. This sensor comes in a compact and robust PVC housing that meets the IP67 water intrusion standard and matches standard electrical 3/4‑inch PVC pipe fittings.
The SCXL-MaxSonar-WRS sensors are factory calibrated to match narrow sensor beam patterns and provide reliable long-range detection zones.
The MB7534 has an internal filter that will reset to targets that are considered valid outside of a 2% distance to the target window. This makes the sensor ideal for targets that occasionally move rapidly. The sensor accurately applies temperature compensation to every reading, using either the integrated temperature sensor or the optional external temperature sensor, HR-MaxTemp.
In addition, the MB7534 offers virtually noise-free distance readings through the use of high-output acoustic power combined with continuously variable gain, real‑time background automatic calibration, real‑time waveform signature analysis, and noise rejection algorithms. This holds true even in the presence of many of the various acoustic or electrical noise sources.
Variations on this sensor model
MB7544 is the TTL version of this sensor.
Models with additional chemical resistance are available
The F-Option (IP68) design modification provides our weather-resistant sensors with extra protection against corrosive chemical environments. Ask for the F-Option (IP68) when ordering.
- Resolution of 1-mm
- Self‑cleaning transducer
- 0.58Hz read rate
- Internal temperature compensation
- 42kHz ultrasonic sensor measures distance to objects
- RoHS Compliant
- Read from all 3 sensor outputs: Analog Voltage, Serial, Pulse Width
- Virtually no sensor dead zone, objects closer than 50cm range as 50cm
- Operates from 2.7-5.5V
- Low 68mA average current requirement
- Small, lightweight module
- Designed for easy integration into your project or product
- Operational temperature -40°C to +65°C (-40°F to +149°F)
- Real-time automatic calibration (voltage, humidity, and ambient noise)
- Firmware filtering for excellent noise tolerance and clutter rejection
- Weather resistant (IP67), optional chemical resistant F-Option
- Matches standard electrical 3/4-inch PVC pipe fittings for easy mounting (3/4-inch National Pipe Thread Straight)
- Long, narrow detection zone
- RS232 Serial Output
- Recommended for snow level measurement
- Recommended for weather station monitoring
- Maximum range of 5 meters (196 inches)
|Chaining Application Guide|
|RoHS Declaration of Conformity|
|CE Declaration of Conformity|
Review our Chemical Compatibility notes to learn about our compatibility in different environments. Please contact our Technical Support team with any questions about chemicals not listed.
Product 3D Models
100 Housing (Full Horn Housing)
All MaxBotix part numbers are a combination of a six-character base followed by a dash and a three-digit product code. The following table displays all of the active and valid part numbers for this product.