Ranges from 500mm to 5000mm with 0.6Hz read rate. 4mA minimum range and 20mA maximum range. Reports range to largest target.
Features of the weather-resistant MB7769, 4-20SC-MaxSonar-WRM, include the reduced impact of condensation and frost when ran continuously in closed or high-moisture environments, millimeter resolution, short to long distance detection, range information from 500mm to 5000mm to the target with the largest acoustic return, a 0.6Hz read rate, and the industry-standard 4-20mA output where 4mA is minimum range and 20mA is maximum range.
The MB7769 from the 4-20SC-MaxSonar-WR line of outdoor sensors is a rugged ultrasonic sensor component module. This sensor comes in a compact and robust PVC housing that meets the IP67 water intrusion standard and matches standard electrical 3/4‑inch PVC pipe fittings (this product has multiple housing options available).
The 4-20SC-MaxSonar-WR sensors are factory calibrated to match narrow sensor beam patterns and provide reliable long-range detection zones.
The MB7769 is designed to report the distance to the largest acoustic return while ignoring smaller targets. When targets are of similar amplitude reflections, preference is given to the closest target. This gives users the flexibility to consistently detect larger targets in the presence of clutter and noise.
If the largest target is removed from the field of view, the MB7769 will switch to the target that gives the next largest detectable return. This filtering makes the MB7769 one of our most advanced sensors for outdoor tank and bin applications.
In addition, the MB7769 offers virtually noise-free distance readings through the use of high-output acoustic power combined with continuously variable gain, real‑time background automatic calibration, real‑time waveform signature analysis, and noise rejection algorithms. This holds true even in the presence of many of the various acoustic or electrical noise sources.
Intended for applications requiring the resistance of condensation in high moisture environments, our self-cleaning function is designed to run continuously in order for the self-cleaning feature to be active.
Variations on this sensor model
MB7789 inverted output, 20-4mA, version of this sensor.
Models with additional chemical resistance are available
The F-Option (IP68) design modification provides our weather-resistant sensors with extra protection against corrosive chemical environments. Ask for the F-Option (IP68) when ordering.
- Resolution of ~1.6mm
- Analog current output of 4-20mA
- 0.60Hz read rate
- 42kHz ultrasonic sensor measures distance to objects
- RoHS compliant
- CE compliant
- Internal or external temperature compensation
- Virtually no sensor dead zone, objects closer than 50cm typically range as 50cm
- Maximum Range of 5-meters (196 inches)
- Operates from 10V-32VDC
- 40mA average current requirement
- Small, light‑weight module
- Designed for easy integration into your project or product
- Operational temperature -40°C to +65°C (-40°F to +149°F)
- Real-time automatic calibration (voltage, humidity, and ambient noise)
- Firmware filtering for excellent noise tolerance and clutter rejection
- Weather resistant (IP67), optional chemical resistant F-Option
- Available in multiple housing and threading types: 3/4 inch NPS, 1 inch NPS, 1-inch BSPP, 30mm1.5
- Long, narrow detection zone
- Most-likely filter
- Great for liquid level measurement
- 4mA is the minimum reported range and 20mA is maximum reported range
|Chaining Application Guide|
|RoHS Declaration of Conformity|
|CE Declaration of Conformity|
Review our Chemical Compatibility notes to learn about our compatibility in different environments. Please contact our Technical Support team with any questions about chemicals not listed.
All MaxBotix part numbers are a combination of a six-character base followed by a dash and a three-digit product code. The following table displays all of the active and valid part numbers for this product.