Aistio District Monitoring:
- Ultrasonic sensor used for measuring water level inside DHC manholes
- Battery operated device, with a lifetime 5 - 10 years, depending on the measurement interval
- Operates via an IoT network, currently available for LoRaWAN
Real-world applications include:Aistio Service
- Cloud based service platform build on MS Azure
- Easy-to-use User Interface with map based visualization
- Aistio platform can be integrated with existing maintenance, automation and production plant systems.
- ADM Chamber – wireless monitoring of District Heating Chambers
- ADM Network – wireless District Heating Network monitoring
- ADM Premium – ADM Chamber and ADM Network features combined in one device
Savings in operating costs
- Unnecessary maintenance visits in chambers will be significantly reduced, leading to 50 % savings in operating costs.
Efficiency and savings in process
- Measurements in DHC network provides additional information for the optimization of heat production and delivery process, enhancing the cost-effectiviness.
- Effective monitoring of DHC infrastructure and network discovers leakages quickly and massive damages can be prevented with predictive maintenance.
- Due to predictive maintenance and repair work the amount of leakages will decrease, enabling decrease in costs of water heating and the needed supplementary materials.
- Energy companies
- District Heating and Cooling
- Pilot phase in the Wastewater
- Aistio District Monitoring solution has been developed in collaboration with district heating professionals from several Finnish energy companies and enhanced regularly based on customer feedback. Based on the size of the district heating market and on the length of the distribution network, Finland ranks 4th largest in Europe.
- 23 % of the Finnish Energy companies with District Heating branch are already Aistio customers.