Guest Post Opportunities
Do you have an application in which you’ve used our sensor? We want to hear from you… We’ve had product developers and independent designers use our sensors since we’ve launched in 2004. There are several Youtube videos and articles you can find on the web which highlight the use of our product in their applications. Are you interested in being featured on our site with your tutorial or details about your project?
Article Submission GuidelinesMaxBotix Inc. is an ultrasonic sensor manufacturer and designer. Our products have been used in several different applications, from autonomous robots, smart waste management, flood level detection and more. Who we reach: Our audience is made up of engineers, product developers, makers, and students. Most of our audience will gain insight from helpful tutorials and complementary solutions involving our sensors. Our goal: We want to build assets to help the community in their development journey. Resources like, access to code, tutorials on hardware, and tutorials on software are helpful to individual developers working on end solutions.
Who can write for us?
- Product developers
- Software Solutions
- IoT Developers
- Possibly you?
Types of content acceptedWe accept “how-to” articles and review pieces for our website and monthly newsletter. The types of posts which are popular on our site include:
- Tutorials on how to interface our sensor with hardware
- Code for using our sensors with a microcontroller
- Review of using our sensors
- A detailed explanation of your use case including our sensor
- No blatant advertising: Please refrain from selling your services or products in the article. Give actionable information for the audience, if they need you, they’ll be in touch.
- Create unique content: All of the content submitted needs to be original. Meaning, written by you and published nowhere else on the web.
- Links: In the body of the article, they should add value to the reader. Links to resources or products mentioned are fine.
- The best posts are written for human consumption, not the search engines, keep that in mind.
Our Style Guide
- Length: The article should be 600-800 words.
- Title: The title should be no more than 70 characters in length.
- Subheadings: The subheadings should use H1, H2, etc.
- Lists: Bulleted lists should be included for the best readability.
- Links: Keep the number of links within the body of the article to 5.
- Pictures / Graphics: Either .jpg or .png and should be no larger than 600 pixels wide. Mention to the source of the images should be at the bottom of the article.
- A Picture: Either a headshot of you or logo of your company would be helpful if you would like recognition for providing the piece. 100 pixel x 100 pixel.
- Bio: An author bio of you with up to 100 words can have a link in it. We’d also like your email address and phone number if necessary.
Promoting the Post for Readers
- How we distribute: We include our content (your submission included) in our streams on Facebook, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and Twitter. It may be picked up by other publications as well. It will also be included in our monthly newsletters.
- How you can distribute: You can distribute your post through social media and respond to any comments about the content. Please do not repost your content to your blog or anywhere else.
The Process for Submission
- Send us your content with images. Submissions can be sent via a Word document or Google Doc.
- You should then receive an email with an acceptance and further instructions or a decline, with comments.
- If we request any clarification or edits, please respond so we can get you published!
- We will post it when we have the right place in our editorial calendar.
- We reserve the right to edit the content for grammar, relevance, voice, or clarity.
- We’d then require your permission to post the article on our site, MaxBotix.com, and share via our various channels (social media, email, etc).